DAVID R. DULL
2001 McAllister Street, Apt. 232
San Francisco, California 94118
- Operating Systems: AIX, FreeBSD, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, MS Windows
- Languages: bash, Bourne shell, C, C++, CGI, CSS, HTML, J2EE, Java, Korn shell, Perl, SQL, XML
- Networks: DHCP, DNS, ethernet, F5 3DNS, F5 BIG-IP, FireWall-1, Gauntlet, HTTP, LAN, NIS, NFS, ssh, SSL, TCP/IP
- Applications: adb, Alexandria, Apache, cfengine, ClearCase, CVS, DB2, gdb, Hummingbird eXceed, iPlanet, Informix, JIRA, kdb, Legato Networker, Logical Volume Manager, Netscape Enterprise Server, Oracle, pcAnywhere, PVCS, RAID, Salesforce, sar, SCCS, sendmail, tcpdump, Tivoli, Veritas file system, Veritas Netbackup, Veritas volume manager, Visio, VNC, WebSphere
- Soft Skills: customer management, documentation, performance tuning, project management, professional training, security, standards formulation, vendor management
- 9/10 - present: Riverbed Technology. Lab Engineer. I write tools, scripts and modules in bash and object-oriented Perl to maintain and enhance a laboratory control system that manages thousands of devices in multiple sites.
- 7/09 – 9/10: Under contract to Wells Fargo Bank. Web Systems Engineer.
Supported HP Operations Manager, HP Performance Manager, and HP Performance Insight for the ISD Monitoring Strategies Team. Installed and updated HP Operations agent on over 850 systems, raising coverage to over 95% of all development environments. Analyzed and illustrated HP Operations Manager with Visio. Wrote utilities and report generators in Perl. Installed and configured HP OVO agents, and designed and deployed HP OVO templates. Worked with DBAs to optimize a back-end Oracle database. 214 notes of appreciation.
Environment: HP OVO, HP OVPM, HP OVPI, Solaris 8, 9 & 10, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 & 5, Windows Server 2003 & 2008, VMWare, Oracle.
- 9/08 - 10/08: GroundWork Open Source, Inc. Systems Support Engineer. Provided technical support for enterprise system monitoring software. Documented system administration procedures, reducing call turnaround from 2 days to 20 minutes. Analyzed and debugged application software, reducing support load for development engineers by 20%. 20 satisfied customers.
Environment: Salesforce, JIRA, Apache, PHP, Perl, MySQL, Nagios, RRDtool, NeDi, Ntop, Cacti, Ganglia, Red Hat, CentOS, SUSE, and Debian.
- 5/06 – 5/08: Under contract to Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. Unix and WebSphere Administrator. Supported a mission-critical web Content Management System. Built and deployed WebSphere applications in development, QA, and production environments. Scripted build and deployment, reducing this cycle from 2 days to 90 minutes. Scripted application maintenance, eliminating developer involvement. Coordinated 9 work groups to deliver a new development environment, increasing availability to nearly 100%. Wrote performance analysis tools, Tivoli agents, and ad-hoc stress tests. Documented software and procedures. Taught system administration skills to project programmers. 376 notes of appreciation.
Environment: ClearCase, ClearQuest, Visio, IBMIHS, WebSphere, CM, DB2, HP proLiant, Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- 6/03 - 12/05: Under contract to Visa USA. Systems Administrator. Supported Resolve OnLine, a dispute resolution system that saved member banks $26 million per year. Deployed WebSphere applications. Acted as a team player to reconfigure development and QA systems overnight. Provided 24x7 support to keep development cycles on time. Deployed up to 3 application versions in one 24-hour period. Provided custom analysis, design, integration, support, administration, and unit test. Investigated middleware, server, and network outages. Studied server optimization strategies. Supported QA team for component integration, regression, and stress tests. Initiated production-style configuration management in development and QA systems. 310 notes of appreciation.
Environment: WebSphere, IBM HTTP Server, Actuate, SiteMinder, Veritas Netbackup, ClearCase, AIX, Solaris, Windows NT, Windows 2000, and Windows 2003 Server, IBM p630s and p660s, and Sun 450s.
- 10/01 – 8/03: San Francisco State University, College of Extended Learning. Faculty. Developed and presented evening classes in Linux, Unix, and Apache web server. 22 satisfied students.
- 9/02 - 6/03: Under contract to Bank of America. Senior UNIX System and Network Administrator. Managed a Technology & Operations stress test laboratory that was a half-scale model of production. Deployed WebSphere applications. Committed to 14-hour workdays to assure on-time certification of software for production readiness. Wrote SQL scripts to unload and load data and change database state information in Oracle and Informix. Provided OS and hardware level systems monitoring, recording, evaluation and reporting. Supported various teams in performance tuning and issue resolution. Planned and implemented laboratory reconfiguration. 17 notes of appreciation.
Environment: Big IP, 3DNS, Firewall-1, iPlanet web server, WebSphere, MQ, Perl, Korn shell, C, SQL, Informix. CVS, sar, AIX, Solaris, snoop, tcpdump, ping, traceroute, Visio, IBM p690s, Sun Ultra Enterprise 2s, Sun 420Rs, and Sun 4500s.
Last updated 12/31/2012 by David Dull,
Click here for a Word-formatted resume: